Founded in 1921 by two engineers from Yale’s Sheffield Scientific School, BBE started as The Bartlett Brainard Company and served many clients in the Hartford region. In 1925, James H. Eacott, Sr. joins the firm and manages the business operations. Over the next 34 years, both the company and the scope of work grew and in 1959, the Eacott family became sole owners. As a corporation with family-owned values then and now, our strength in the community continues and four generations of family history back up everything we do. We honor our history as we continue to move forward, carrying with us the integrity, reliability, service and professionalism that have become the hallmarks of our business.
Throughout these 95 years, we have understood the value of supporting the industry and were instrumental in forming the Associated General Contractors of Connecticut (1947)*, The Construction Institute at the University of Hartford (1975) and in encouraging employees to participate in training and mentoring opportunities to promote excellence in construction.
*AGC of CT Fun Fact – (1947 Burton W. Bartlett, Founding President; 1958 James H. Eacott, Sr., President; 1980 James H. Eacott, Jr., President; 1992 James H. Eacott, III President). BBE is the only company in Connecticut to have had four Presidents at the AGC.