Gerald H. Phipps, Inc. was founded in 1952. Our firm stands on the shoulders and reputation of our founder, Gerald H. Phipps whose goal was to build solid relationships with clients, employees, subcontractors and the community. The son of a representative to the United States Senate from 1919 to 1931, he inherited his father’s interest in philanthropic and civic involvement, from supporting Children’s Hospital Colorado to ownership of the Denver Broncos from 1961 to 1981.
Gerald began his career in construction by managing the Denver office of Platt Rogers Construction, the firm founded by his uncle. Eventually, Gerald bought the Denver office and began what is now GH Phipps Construction Companies.
Over the firm’s first decade, the business grew, and Phipps opened a Colorado Springs office in 1960.
Gerald’s interest in his employees’ success was backed up by action. In 1967, he established a profit-sharing plan to allow employees to share in the success of the company. Before his death in 1993, he had created a plan to transfer the company’s assets to a profit-sharing trust, now held as an ESOP and shared by more than 100 of the company’s employees.
We realize, however, that legacy only goes so far, and that reputations need careful and constant nurturing. We know our word must be as good as our work, as we put always put our clients and community first.