The Belden Brick Company traces its roots to the Diebold Fire Brick Company organized in Canton, Ohio in 1885 by Henry S. Belden and four associates. The Belden Brick Company owns and operates six plants in Tuscarawas County, employs approximately 500 people and has an annual production capacity of nearly 250 million standard brick equivalent (sbe). Plant 3 and one line at Plant 8 produce soft mud (machine-molded) brick while the other facilities all produce extruded brick products.
The Belden Brick Company also owns and operates two brick distributorships, The Belden Brick Sales Co. in Fraser, Michigan and Belden Brick Sales & Service, Inc. in New York, New York and Saddle Brook, New Jersey.
In the US brick industry, The Belden Brick Company is the sixth largest (by production volume) manufacturer. Belden Brick is the largest family owned and managed brick company in the United States.
The Belden Brick Company is a member of the Brick Industry Association and The Brick Institute of America, Mid East region. The Company is currently managed by the fourth and fifth generations of the Belden family.