Safety Protection Grid Solutions (SPGS) are Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) for Holistic Facility Electrical Protection.
Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) are individuals that exhibit the highest level of expertise in performing a specialized job, task, or skill within the organization.
SPGS is typically contracted to locate problems within a facility or residence that have been ongoing for a period without finding the root cause of the problem. In most cases, tens of thousands of dollars have been lost in equipment failures and downtime as well as money spent in attempting to find a solution.
We work anywhere in the United States. In most cases, once our solutions are implemented it solves the customer’s problems and we are no longer needed.
In general, twenty percent (20%) all electrical problems cause within a facility or residence are caused by the electrical utility. The other eighty percent (80%) is caused by the electrical wiring and electrical equipment within the facility or residence.
SPGS can do nothing for the twenty percent (20%) of problems caused by the electrical utility however; we do provide a solution to eliminate most of the eighty percent (80%) of electrical issues caused by the electrical wiring and equipment in the facility or residence.
Our holistic approach to electrical issues provides an independent third party electrical evaluation for the facility or residence and will:
- Increase Reliability and Performance
- Reduce Downtime and Failures
- Reduce Operating Costs
- Get Results Through Electrical Efficiency
A Holistic Facility Electrical Protection Evaluation includes but is not limited to the following in any type of facility or residence:
- Verification of personal and equipment safety against shock hazards
- Verification that all metallic components in the facility are at the same equal voltage potential
- Verification of every component in the grounding electrode system (GES)
- Verification of any lightning protection system (LPS)
- Verification of coordination cascaded surge-protective devices
- Verification of telephone cable surge protective devices
- Verification of data cable surge protective devices
- Verification of closed circuit cable television (CCTV) surge protective devices
- Verification of cable television (CATV) surge protective devices
- Verification of electromagnetic interference (EMI) protection
- Verification of radio frequency interference (RFI) protection
- Assuring the facility has electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Creating clean Ac power waveform
- Eliminating power ground loops
- Complete and evaluate a power study
- Create a one line drawing of the complete grounding system of the facility or residence
- Create a written report with corrective actions of our findings
- SPGS at customer request can complete a detailed Scope of Work (SOW) for bidding purposes
- SPGS only completes the corrective actions when the customer does not want any other electrical contractor to complete the corrective actions
- When a contractor completes the corrective actions we suggest to the customer that a third party verify that all corrective actions are correct
Most electricians are tradespersons specializing in electrical wiring of facilities, residences, stationary machines, and related equipment within facilities. Electricians may be employed in the installation of new electrical components or the maintenance and repair of existing electrical infrastructure. Electricians may also specialize in wiring ships, airplanes, and other mobile platforms, as well as data and cable. Typically, they are hired to complete a project they usually are never hired to complete an electrical evaluation of a facility or residence.
What We Do
Products and Services
Blue Book Network Classifications
We can be found under the following Blue Book Network Classifications.
Our standard scope of services includes the following CSI Master Format™ code(s).
Commercial Construction Project Specializations
Associations & Memberships
IEEE (Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers)
Richland Area Chamber of Commerce
Go to next section: