J.O. Collins Contractor, Inc. was originally founded as J.O. Collins Masonry Contractor by Joseph O. Collins, Sr. in 1954. The firm was primarily engaged in masonry subcontracting work until 1961 when it began contracting for general construction projects consisting primarily of commercial buildings, public buildings and other projects for private business as well as Federal, State, and local agencies. The company was incorporated under the laws of Mississippi in 1965.
Joseph’s son, Charles, joined the firm in 1971 after graduating from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and his son, Daniel, joined the firm in 1974 following his graduation from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
The company continues to focus on commercial construction as well as historical restoration projects.
For additional information about our location, see Contact Us.