In 1958 Howard Ausema and his friend George Kooinga purchased Chesterfield Awning Company. It was located in the Chesterfield neighborhood of Chicago, near Pullman, on Chicago's south side. They learned the awning business as they went along, selling awnings during the day and sewing them on the weekends.
Today Chesterfield is located in South Holland, Illinois, and Howard's son David continues his father's business. Over the years we have provided shade for thousands of Chicagoland homes, and today we beautify some of Chicago's most recognizable businesses like McDonald's, Macy's and Nieman Marcus. Chesterfield is proud to provide high quality awnings systems with hundreds of fabric choices to the Chicagoland area. The Chicago location is our main showroom and sewing facility.
Five Reasons to Choose Chesterfield
- Family-owned and operated.
- We have been building and installing awnings since 1958.
- Expert, trained installation crews- we never use sub-contractors.
- All of our products are built locally.
- Maintenance, storage and repair options.
- Awnings, Canopies, Retractables, Patio, and Pergola Covers
What We Do
Products and Services
Blue Book Network Classifications
Commercial Construction Project Specializations
Associations & Memberships
MidAmerica 8 Canvas Products Assn.
Go to next section: