The new home for Clemson University's College of Business will be a think tank environment, bringing students, faculty, and industry together in a collaborative, inspiring space that is forward thinking in its design and daily application. The 176,000-sq.-ft. facility will relocate the College of Business from Sirrine Hall, which was built in 1938.
The predominantly brick and glass towers will feature an open design that includes a five-story atrium. The towers will be connected above ground by an expansive outdoor stairway leading to a plaza and overlooking Bowman Field and by an interior hallway on the building’s first floor. In addition to a multitude of technology-equipped classrooms, the building will house faculty and staff support offices, the college’s institutes and many shared learning spaces.
The facility also provides an enhanced interface between academics and industry, accommodates growth, and provides flexibility to adapt to advancements in technology and instructional methods. Construction will allow Sirrine Hall to be utilized as swing space, allowing for the systematic renovation of other aging campus facilities in the future.
|Architect:||LMN Architects LS3P Associates Ltd.|